Update: Cyborg Actor Ray Fisher Says DC Films Has Removed Him From The Flash Cast | IGN

Update 2 – January 13

Ray Fisher tweeted Wednesday that Warner Bros. has officially removed him from the cast of the upcoming Flash movie.

“I strongly disagree with their decision, but it is one that is unsurprising,” Fisher said, adding that Cyborg’s role in The Flash was meant to be larger than a mere cameo.

Fisher also reiterated his allegations that DC Films president Walter Hamada protected former co-president Geoff Johns during the studio’s investigation of workplace misconduct, and that Hamada allegedly spread “lies and misinformation” about Fisher.

“If the end of my time as Cyborg is the cost for helping to bring awareness and accountability to Walter Hamada’s actions — I’ll pay it gladly,” Fisher concluded.

Fisher’s full statement can be read below.

ErpjQAAXUAkMXaH-720x990 Update: Cyborg Actor Ray Fisher Says DC Films Has Removed Him From The Flash Cast | IGNErpjQAAXEAAtfaa-720x1012 Update: Cyborg Actor Ray Fisher Says DC Films Has Removed Him From The Flash Cast | IGN

Warner Bros. has not responded to IGN’s request for comment as of time of publishing.

Update 1: Variety reports that DC Films president Walter Hamada has renewed his deal with DC, and will continue as president of the studio through 2023. This comes a week after Cyborg actor Ray Fisher stated that he would no longer participate in any productions associated with Hamada.

Hamada was thrust into the public spotlight after Fisher accused Hamada of enabling a toxic work environment from Joss Whedon, who took over director duties on Justice League after Zack Snyder’s departure. Hamada was not president of DC Films at the time of principal photography.

Fisher has not yet made any comment on DC Film’s decision to renew Hamada.

Original story as follows:

Justice League star Ray Fisher has said that he will no longer participate in any productions associated with DC Films president Walter Hamada.

As reported by Variety, Fisher’s response comes after WarnerMedia’s investigation into allegations made by Fisher of a toxic, hostile working environment under Joss Whedon, the director of the reshoots of 2017’s Justice League.

[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/08/22/justice-league-the-snyder-cut-trailer”%5D

“Walter Hamada is the most dangerous kind of enabler,” Fisher tweeted. “His lies, and WB PR’s failed Sept. 4th hit-piece, sought to undermine the very real issues of the ‘Justice League’ investigation. I will not participate in any production associated with him.”

Fisher also included Hamada’s New York Times interview in his tweet where he discussed the future of DC films and how the upcoming Snyder Cut of the Justice League is “a storytelling cul-de-sac” with no link to DC’s upcoming projects, and that Snyder is “not currently involved in the studio’s future.”

WarnerMedia recently confirmed that the Justice League investigation was concluded and that “remedial action” had been taken over Ray Fisher’s claims. WarnerMedia’s third-party investigation began in August following Fisher’s allegations of Whedon’s toxic set and how former DC Films co-chairs Geoff Johns and Jon Berg enabled the behavior.

[widget path=”global/article/imagegallery” parameters=”albumSlug=justice-league-snyder-cut-all-the-known-differences-from-the-theatrical-version&captions=true”]

Fisher had also previously stated that Hamada pressed him to “relent on Geoff Johns.”

The “failed Sept. 4th hit-piece” Fisher was referring to was WarnerMedia’s response to the allegations, denial of Fisher’s claims about Hamada, and statement that Fisher had refused to meet with their third-party investigator to discuss the case.

Ray Fisher shot additional footage for The Snyder Cut and said that he had reshot almost all of his scenes when Joss Whedon took over, saying only a single scene of his from Snyder’s original version made it into the theatrical release.

[ignvideo url=”https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/08/21/the-true-story-behind-the-snyder-cut”%5D

[poilib element=”accentDivider”]

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to newstips@ign.com.

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.
Read More

Leave a Reply